In the previous section we have discussed agreement letter. Now we are going to understand what are announcement letters and how announcement letters are written.
To write an announcement letter you will need to answer the who, what, when, where, why and how questions in a concise and informative way. It is similar to a press release. An announcement letter is a type of letter used for a number of business and personal situations.
In business, announcement letters can be written for number of purposes – key events requiring an announcement letter to staff and/or customers would be a change in management, a new policy, the launch of a new product, or financial summaries for investors.
The official announcement letters can be for the following –
- Company mergers/acquisitions
- Company ratings (which have been publically announced in a daily newspaper)
- Termination of individual services/contracts
- New hires
- Bonus Announcements
- Opening of new business ventures
The personal announcement letters can be for the following –
- Sharing of Promotion
- Moving into one’s own house
Now lets see the formats of writing an announcement letter –
- Format for Promotion Announcement – This format can be used when we need to announce a promotion of an employee.
- Format for Bonus Announcement – This format can be used when we need to announce a bonus .
There are few examples of announcement letters given below –