In previous section of this series, we have discussed about letter writing tips and abbreviations. Now here we will discuss of addressing an envelope.
Addressing an envelope should be fairly simple.
- In the upper – left hand corner should be your name and underneath that should be your return address.
- In the upper – right hand corner should be the postage stamp (with correct postage amount)
- In the middle – centre should be the recipient’s name and recipient’s address.
Now let’s discuss few things which need to be kept in mind while addressing the envelope –
- Print/ write all the information on the envelope before stuffing and sealing it so it will be written/ printed on a flat surface.
- If you are writing to a different country, make sure you put it at on the last line of your return address and the recipient’s address.
- If you are writing a friendly letter with a small envelope, you can write the return address on the flap of envelope of there is no room on the top – left hand corner.